9/14/09

Garage Sale Find

So I am all about the garage sale. Even if I only go a couple of times a year, I still love to find a deal. Really it is just about finding the time to go to the garage sale but when I do, it is all in the deal! OK moving on....

There was this garage sale the other day and there was really nothing that intersted me. But I kept looking because I was with my MIL and she was finding all the treasures. I just kept wandering around thinking how heavy Brody is and wishing I could go and put him in his car seat, when I picked something up and uncovered a box of STAMPS!! OK, so you are thinking I found the mother load right? Not really. But I did find 2 cute stamps. And at 50 cents a piece, I thought....why not!

They were old and I wondered if the rubber was even any good. I have no idea what company they were from but I didn't care. I just thought they were cute.....So here is what I made!



I am loving this hat stamp. I think it has lots of possibilities for scrapbooking! It turned out to have a pretty good image! I cleaned both really well and I think it helped out alot!


So that is it! No great story of uncovering someones long lost stamp collection. But I still had to share! Thanks for coming by today! (Thanks to my WOSFF for the bow/tag/sentiment idea I took from one of your latest cards!)


5 comments:

  1. Love how you popped the scalloped circle on top of a plain circle...looks so interesting that way! Cute cards and congrats on your "finds". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love stamps for 50 cents!! Love both cards that you made. The polka dots on the first card are awesome!! It was great seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the smallest find can be a glod mine. 2 very cute stamps which you created 2 very smart cards. I especially love the hat.
    With the right colors it can be used for any celebration, or team colors for invites ,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess by now you know the Get Well stamp is SU. I've had it for years! Your cards are just wonderful and I LOVE the Christmas cards. Simple is my style too. Soon I will be getting SS benefits and can start ordering again . . hooray. Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work. Sharon in NJ

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS