4/19/09

April Angel Art: Scrapbooking Blog Hop

Well, here we are in April already! I am so excited to see a hint of green on our trees! I love spring!

For this month's Angel Art, we were to use any current Gift With Purchase stamps or Hostess Set! I am going to share a couple of quick and simple pages!

This first page uses several stamps! The hostess set it features is called Hinges. When I first saw the set, I wasn't quite sure what I could do with it but then you see samples of what others have done and you realize just how cute it is! I totally cased the idea in this page from a card we made at Round Up!

I first stamped Script Background onto my Kraft CS in Burnt Umber. Then I stamped the Hinges, also in Burnt Umber, right over the top! I traced the bottom of the hinge with my gray tombow marker to give it a shadowed effect.
This next page uses the hostess set, Cute As a Bug! I love this set because it has so many uses! All of the paper you see is from DCWV! I did, however, print out one of the FREE black and white downloads on Scarlet CS and then used the Sketched-bet Uppers for the word "BUG"! I loved that polka dot download from The Angel Company!

As, you can see I also only rounded 3 corners just for an added touch!
One last thing I did was add some paper piercing with my Scor-pal!
There are several other Angels who have some great things to share in this Angel Art Blog Hop! So, hop on over and check them out! Thanks for looking!
Have a great day!

Supplies:
"Love"
Stamps: Hinges, Forever Family, Script Background
Ink: Burnt Umber Palette, Kailedscope Pad
Paper: Kraft CS, Brown Bazzill, Aspen CS
Misc: Brown Ribbon, Flowers and Buttons, Brown Scrappers Floss
"Cute as a Bug"
Stamps: Cute as a Bug, Date Disks, Sketched-bet Uppers
Ink: Noir Palette
Paper: DCWV, TAC's Black and White Downloads, TAC's White Ultrasmooth
Misc: Scor-Pal, Paper Piercer, Pop Dots

8 comments:

  1. Your pages are wonderful!! Love how you layered the hinges over the script! And the rounded corners are pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I didn't ever thought of using the hinges for scrapbooking! Your page is simple, yet elegant! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pages!!! Love how you did the bugs on Brody's page (such a cute picture of him too!!) and I also really like how you adapted the first one into a scrapbook page! You are so talented! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both pages but WOW the baby photo is incredible! Great decorative elements on both pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun pages! I love them! You do fantastic work!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed. I wish i could be as creative as you. you are so good at this.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS